January is a month where I’m planning and researching destinations for the year ahead, so I put together a list of some books to inspire wanderlust and to take you to faraway lands on these cold, wet and dark days! Not all books are stories of sun and sand, some are tales of lives in other countries and experiences good and bad but they may give you some ideas for travel and adventure in the future!
- Touching the Void by Joe Simpson (not sure if this will inspire or frighten you but its a great read!)
- Wild by Cheryl Strayed
- Married to a Bedouin by Marguerite Van Geldermalsen
- And the mountains echoed by Khaled Hosseini
- Down Under by Bill Bryson (In the USA and Canada this book is titled ‘In a sunburned Country’)
- The Beach by Alex Garland
- Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
- Lonely Planet: The Travel Book
I hope to keep adding to this list and would love to hear some more recommendations!
As most of these books are more than a few years old, with the exception of the Lonely Planet Travel book, they are all available on The Book Depository (I’ve linked all the titles) or there may be a few copies lurking in a second-hand book shop!
Until Next Time,